Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What did I say?

Wake up in the morning to a wet, but otherwise normal day.

And that's just what we did, except that we were sleeping on the living room floor, and it was dark because of the storm doors. And Amy went out and helped the neighbour's gardenere to sweep the road clean of leaves.

Now I have to clean up again, clear the mound of coats and bags from the hall, get the bedding back upstairs.

The wind died down late evening, picking up again around 10pm. At about 11:30 I was woken by a big noise of something falling, and I still haven't discovered what it was. Kanji didn't wake at all! There was a lot of damage in the south of the island, and the NZ newspapers are full of it, so here it is from me, not a hint of a flood over here, and no wind damage at all. So far - I haven't been out of the house yet!

No comments: