Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Birthday!

HA!

That's all I have to say about those ambitious plans to combine a normal Thursday with a roast chicken dinner. And it's about how long it took for K to convince me.

Me (running horrendously late with pre-cooking as Amy has been in the kitchen all afternoon making and decorating my cake, something I can hardly complain about): "Can you take Erica to English?"

K, incredulously: "She's going to English?"

Me: "Oh, okay then, not."

K: "She should skip karate then too"

Me (dancing inner happy dance): "And Lena already said she didn't want to go to her dance lesson, so yay!

Immediately pour wine.

Even with no lessons to ferry kids to, the late start meant that we didn't eat until after 9 anyway, but we all enjoyed it. I was spoiled with lovely presents, and K brought home the (cheap, Australian) wine and a beautiful bunch of flowers with unopened lily buds so I got a full ten days of sweet scents out of the bouquet.

A story best told in pictures, I think.


Breakfast, not in bed, as I got up way before them to go to rajio taiso with Erica! But they made it for me, and it was super!


Present from my sister Rebecca! Nice surprise, a necklace with a picture of the Cape Egmont lighthouse. 


After working in the morning, it was off to Aile for the kebab. This photo is fuzzy, but they are all genuinely laughing at me waving the camera around for the perfect shot.


With that kebab!


Then it was home for meringues with whipped cream and kiwi fruit



Erica playing and singing a Japanese birthday song


Then Daddy came home! With wine and beautiful flowers for me. 


The cake. It matches the coaster you see later on.


Appetizer: fried camembert (some with, some without walnut centres, I didn't have time to make the apricot sauce)


Sweet shy Erica giving me a present. It's so nice to see them getting such joy out of giving. 


They taped the whole exchange!



Two pairs of earrings.


The wine with the lovely sunshiny coaster, which I am now using every day at my computer!


Perfume. It's gorgous, the nicest one I've got for a long time!




Dinner finally! Roast chicken with stuffing, sweet potato, potato and pumpkin, mashed potato, cabbage and gravy. 







Dessert! We made our own brandy snaps! They were a little chewy but tasted just right. 


We were so full we could not eat the cake! So we did the candles and Happy Birthday song the next day. 


No comments: