1. What’s your middle name?Lillian, after my Nana
2. What’s your favorite magazine?
AFWJ Journal! Okay, I'm biased. Overall, National Geographic and Mental Floss. Love the occasional NZ Women's Weekly. An occasional Vogue or Vanity Fair too.
3. What are you wearing right now?
black skinny jeans with a hole in the knee (actual, not cosmetic), khaki camouflage shirt. Cleaning clothes!
4. What color are your bed sheets?
5. Who was your third grade teacher?
Sister Elizabeth. She slapped my hands with a ruler, I'll never forget it because it wasn't my fault!
6. What is the weather like right now?
7. Do you know how to ski?
No. Snowboarded twice.
8. What was the last thing you drank?
Cup of tea, and another one coming up. No surprises there.
9. Dream vacation?
10. Favorite article of clothing?
My tribal maxi dress.
11. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
Cooking. With a crappy oven and humidity ruining doughs and baking powder, I fail too much at baking.
12. Is your hair above or below your shoulders?
Below, but seriously thinking of losing it all.
13. What drink do you order when out?
A jockey of nama. Or a good white wine, if they have one (which is almost never).
14. What book are you reading?
I actually have a blog post coming up about the absurd number of books I am reading right now. Mainly The Stand (great timing, with all the kids coming down with colds this week) and a Marie Claire magazine.
15. What did you dream about last night?
I lost Erica! I was rooming in with other staff from my company, and was convincing Manager that Kevin and I should have the small downstairs rooms, so the babies could play in the empty spare there... then I was on a busy city street, and saw Erica's toy box on the road, but realized she hadn't been hit and killed because there would people and police etc standing around if that had happened. Then I heard a loudspeaker announcement (like the ones they do in shopping malls) saw a crowd gathering in a cafe, and heard her surprisingly loud voice (in reality she has a super-loud voice) as she was greeting and being friendly to all the staff.
16. What was the last movie you went to?
17. Any injuries at the moment?
Cut my hand on broken glass yesterday as I was wrapping it for disposal. Broken toe almost 100% healed.
18. What color is your bathroom?
Cream with blue tiles. I hate it.
19. What’s the state of your laundry right now?
Two loads on the genkan floor waiting for line space, three loads on the line, one load unfolded on the chair in the kitchen, towels lined up for tomorrow morning.
20. Do you take vitamins?
No, and I just read that they will give you cancer, so there.
21. Where do you love to shop?Anywhere that has clothes and shoes that fit me! In NZ I end up in Sussan, Just Jeans, Glassons, Bendon outlet, Warehouse, Hannah's and the No.1 Shoe Warehouse every time I go there.
22. How often do you buy groceries?
Lately 2-3 times a week, I'm getting better at constructing a meal out of the bits and bobs at home in the fridge.
23. Do you have a pet/pets?
No, but I really want one! A cat and a dog, but I want them inside, and DH vetoes inside pets. Bit of a dilemma.
24. If you are married, when is your next anniversary?
Next month, and we have a discount ticket to a nearby restaurant that is one of my favorites, so we will go there. With or without the kids, haven't decided yet. Probably with, as we fly to NZ the following week.
25. How do you take your coffee and/or tea?
Coffee, however it comes. Tea MUST have LOTS of FULL-CREAM milk and never any sugar, or I just can't drink it. Tea is totally my comfort food.
26. Mac or PC? Desktop or Laptop?
Both. Both. Fujitsu laptop, old NEC desktop, new Dell desktop, shiny happy new Mac desktop.
27. Favorite month of the year?
Probably August, I love the holidays, the hot summer, beer and barbecues, and it's my birthday. Or December for the endless partying and Christmas of course.
28. Do you have a hobby?
Blogging, reading, really need something more focussed, I think.
29. What salad dressing do you prefer?
At the moment, aojiso or just Balsamic vinegar.
30. Live or fake Christmas tree?
LIVE! Very rare in Japan, but I have a friend who sends me one every year.
31. Did you walk or take a bus to school?
No, there isn't a decent bus system in this town, and it's too far to walk. Sometimes I walk or bike to work.
32. Do you have any phobias?
Don't like flying, how crazy is that? Living overseas, you dumbass....
33. What’s your favorite snack food?
Chocolate! Or fruit, or nuts or cheese on crackers.
34. When do you take your shower/bath?
Sometimes a morning shower, sometimes an evening bath with the kiddies.
35. What time did you get up this morning?
7am - got a 30 minute sleep-in this morning!
36. What’s your favorite animal?
37. Have you ever broken a bone?
Three: The ulna in my left wrist at age 5, when I slipped off a jungle gym. Then last year I broke the little toe on my left foot and this year I broke the little toe on my right foot.
38. Do you wear makeup?
For tertiary and up classes (not elementary or kindy classes) and for going out in the evening.
39. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Japanese and some rusty secondary school French
40. Have you ever played a sport?
I was forced to play netball in primary school and hated it. I played social basketball for 2 years in High School. I was by far the worst player in our team, perhaps in the whole league - I shot three baskets in two years, all of which were elaborately set up for me by my teammates when we were playing against an even worse opponent.
41. Your last UPS package contained …
Dora the Explorer party set - two days after the party...
42. What’s on your desktop?
Wow, I just cleaned it this morning! Still - scented candles, 2011 calendar, my camera and webcam, a book someone just mooched, some snack ideas from a magazine, a letter from my African sponsor child, latest issue of The Tombo, a marker, cloth covers for the computers, a plasticine Buddha head sculpted by Amy...
Just realized, it said deskTOP not desk, right? Well, pics of my three girls, on both computers. Pic of all 3 girls plus assorted cousins on a trampoline on computer No.3. Original background on ancient laptop as it no longer has the oomph to do anything clever like host photos on the desktop.
43. What is your home page?
I have a bunch: facebook, scrabble, 2 blogs, Stuff news
44. Extrovert or introvert?
Not sure. Bit of both. A social butterfly who loves to spend evenings at home reading a good book.
45. Favorite board game?
Trivial Pursuit or Pictionary, or Scrabble
46. What class did you like best in high school? In college?
Art History, we had a fabulous teacher and I loved all the art.
47. What would you do with an extra hour each day?
Read a book.
48. Do you have allergies?
Not really, though cleaning sends me off sneezing, but I think that's more a natural reaction to a face-full of dust than an allergy per se.
49. Are your nails painted?
No, but toenails are fading red.
50. Where are you right now?