Monday, July 13, 2009

Sartorial disaster!

Okay, so I'm not Running in Heels at Marie Claire, but I at least I have enough fashion sense to spot a disaster and not get too far from the house in it. I got as far as Kanji's work where I dropped off Erica.

I know how this happened. I chose the socks to go with my black polo shirt, not realizing they were actually brown. I chose the shoes to go with my pants, in a hurry, on the way out the door. Red polka dots goes with everything! Especially when the only purpose your shoes serve is to decorate the genkan (entry way). They look cute sitting in a genkan!

I got as far as dropping Erica off with Kanji, where I finally put the socks on and realized with horror that this was not a Good Look.





The socks, well, they're a very light weave and pure cotton, so the only ones I want to wear in summer. And why even wear socks in summer? Because this is Japan, and everyone wears socks in summer, because no-body ever lets their naked feet be seen. And I'm not going to start the trend with MY feet, which are not only larger and more vile than the average foot, but on the day in question, were covered in black marks from my leather shoes, which I had worn in the rain a few days before. They were supposed to be the kind of socks that just come up over the toes, which you can wear under slippers or pumps. But I mistakenly got these ones instead, which really should be worn under sneakers.



This is much better don't you think?

4 comments:

shinshu life said...

No No No I don't think! You would have brightened everyone's day in your polka dots! The socks in summer thing sucks doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yea... you could have made the polka dots work... bare the feet, bare the feet... your feet can't be that BIG!

Rachel said...

I DO wear the polka dots, all the time! They look cute in the genkan! Just not never ever with the brown socks again. Or the pink for that matter, that combination didn't work either

Rachel said...

I DO wear the polka dots, all the time! They look cute in the genkan! Just not never ever with the brown socks again. Or the pink for that matter, that combination didn't work either