Sunday, February 22, 2009

Making me Smile

Life with a baby is so fun! Sorry to gush, but accentuating the positive is my way of coping. I don't care what anyone says about the stress and frustration and tears and time and money spent, one thing is for sure - you smile and laugh more with a toddler in the house! Erica's at a stage where her unselfconscious silliness has all of us rolling on the floor laughing. We decided she's way better than TV, as we ate our dinner and watched her singing and dancing and doing silly stuff in her highchair. All you have to do is look at her and gets this cheeky grin like she's anticipaing more fun. All along, we have all responded to her pressing our belly buttons like it was a laughter switch, and there I was, convinced I'd fooled her into thinking that's what belly buttons are for...then the other day, while getting dressed, she found her belly button. She pressed it, making a 'pshht' sound like the fake 'button press' sound I make, then let out a totally fake 'ha ha ha ha' laugh. So she knew we were fooling her all along.

No comments: