I couldn't resist the lastest blog viral...
1. Started your own blog No-brainer!
2. Slept under the stars 1995 Australian outback, lasted only a few hours as we had inadvertenly parked by a swamp in the dark and got eaten alive by mosquitos. We spent the rest of the night sleeping in the car
3. Played in a band Very briefly twice, once in 3rd form as the singer, once with K and buddies only for one measly song, never actually sang it though.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower Pretty sure I just caught sight of one recently
6. Given more than you can afford to charity I don't consider the amounts I've given, even if large, to be more than I can afford
7. Been to Disneyland (in Tokyo and LA)
8. Climbed a mountain Just Hachimenzan in Sanko village
9. Held a praying mantis UGH! Not quite, but had a rather large one land on my arm last week while I was bringing in the laundry. I screamed like the world was coming to an end, terrifying the baby, but NOT bringing Amy running to help me as was my intention. I had to flick it off myself. Does that count?
10. Sang a solo Only at Karaoke
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris August 1999, with husband-to-be Kanji
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea, No, but from a plane! Surely that’s worse…
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (knitting, photography, many others)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning Ha! Many times. I’m bold and intrepid when it comes to food
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train Queensland Australia 1995, and oh boy did I get in trouble! Also an overnight bus from Tokyo to Kyoto, Japan in 1997
21. Had a pillow fight I had sisters!
22. Hitch hiked Yes, most memorably with F and M when we got a ride in a car that was so old and decrepit that I’m sure we got high on the petrol fumes. Also alone, when my Hillman Imp broke down one day
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill Who hasn’t?
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb You’re talking to a Kiwi here. Of COURSE
26. Gone skinny dipping Hawera’s public pool at night I snuck in with someone who was not ever my boyfriend, although he was a boy and very good friend.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse At Stonehenge England
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Every lazy afternoon on summer holidays at Opunake Beach!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Do great-granps count? Only up the road in Stratford…
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language Does Japanese count? I’m starting on Spanish too
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing All the way up Ayers Rock and down again
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke Yep, I’m a hopeless mic hog
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight Miyazaki 2005, with K, very romantic!
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted Sketch by a street artist in Paris, with K
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris With K again!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling On our annual beach trip. Horrifying to see what we share our swimming beach with!
52. Kissed in the rain probably
53. Played in the mud Played Mud Volleyball in a rice paddy
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class Took Aikido classes for a few months before I got pregnant with Amy
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason Several little bunches of wildflowers from my lovely daughters
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check Story of my life at University
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. My music box doll is upstairs
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar More than once, but the first time was at my sister’s sister-in-law’s wedding in Sydney. Can’t say I’ve acquired that taste yet!
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job Lost my job in the jewellery store in Sydney, not sure why, think I was just not good enough rather than actually being crap.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone Left wrist on the jungle gym at age 5
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. No, but crashed on one. Figure that one out!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper Couple of times. Breastfeeding Erica for World Breastfeeding Week in August. With Lena as she was the last baby born at the old Hawera Hospital.
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox I think so.
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club Was a member of doubelday for years, but I think they mean reading clubs right?
93. Lost a loved one niece Sarah Rosa, Daddy, BIL Wayne, cousin Matthew, all my grandparents.
94. Had a baby Three!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone When was this list written?
99. Been stung by a bee Lots of times, Kiwi kids don’t wear shoes.
100. Taken the Japanese Shinkansen yeah, I love the shink. Which is a BULLET TRAIN folks.