Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What I've Done

I couldn't resist the lastest blog viral...

1. Started your own blog No-brainer!

2. Slept under the stars 1995 Australian outback, lasted only a few hours as we had inadvertenly parked by a swamp in the dark and got eaten alive by mosquitos. We spent the rest of the night sleeping in the car

3. Played in a band Very briefly twice, once in 3rd form as the singer, once with K and buddies only for one measly song, never actually sang it though.

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower Pretty sure I just caught sight of one recently

6. Given more than you can afford to charity I don't consider the amounts I've given, even if large, to be more than I can afford

7. Been to Disneyland (in Tokyo and LA)

8. Climbed a mountain Just Hachimenzan in Sanko village

9. Held a praying mantis UGH! Not quite, but had a rather large one land on my arm last week while I was bringing in the laundry. I screamed like the world was coming to an end, terrifying the baby, but NOT bringing Amy running to help me as was my intention. I had to flick it off myself. Does that count?

10. Sang a solo Only at Karaoke

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris August 1999, with husband-to-be Kanji

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea, No, but from a plane! Surely that’s worse…

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (knitting, photography, many others)

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning Ha! Many times. I’m bold and intrepid when it comes to food

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train Queensland Australia 1995, and oh boy did I get in trouble! Also an overnight bus from Tokyo to Kyoto, Japan in 1997

21. Had a pillow fight I had sisters!

22. Hitch hiked Yes, most memorably with F and M when we got a ride in a car that was so old and decrepit that I’m sure we got high on the petrol fumes. Also alone, when my Hillman Imp broke down one day

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill Who hasn’t?

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb You’re talking to a Kiwi here. Of COURSE

26. Gone skinny dipping Hawera’s public pool at night I snuck in with someone who was not ever my boyfriend, although he was a boy and very good friend.

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse At Stonehenge England

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Every lazy afternoon on summer holidays at Opunake Beach!

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Do great-granps count? Only up the road in Stratford…

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language Does Japanese count? I’m starting on Spanish too

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing All the way up Ayers Rock and down again

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke Yep, I’m a hopeless mic hog

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight Miyazaki 2005, with K, very romantic!

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted Sketch by a street artist in Paris, with K

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris With K again!

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling On our annual beach trip. Horrifying to see what we share our swimming beach with!

52. Kissed in the rain probably

53. Played in the mud Played Mud Volleyball in a rice paddy

54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class Took Aikido classes for a few months before I got pregnant with Amy

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason Several little bunches of wildflowers from my lovely daughters

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check Story of my life at University

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. My music box doll is upstairs

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar More than once, but the first time was at my sister’s sister-in-law’s wedding in Sydney. Can’t say I’ve acquired that taste yet!

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job Lost my job in the jewellery store in Sydney, not sure why, think I was just not good enough rather than actually being crap.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone Left wrist on the jungle gym at age 5

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. No, but crashed on one. Figure that one out!

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper Couple of times. Breastfeeding Erica for World Breastfeeding Week in August. With Lena as she was the last baby born at the old Hawera Hospital.

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox I think so.

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club Was a member of doubelday for years, but I think they mean reading clubs right?

93. Lost a loved one niece Sarah Rosa, Daddy, BIL Wayne, cousin Matthew, all my grandparents.

94. Had a baby Three!

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone When was this list written?

99. Been stung by a bee Lots of times, Kiwi kids don’t wear shoes.

100. Taken the Japanese Shinkansen yeah, I love the shink. Which is a BULLET TRAIN folks.

No comments: