Thursday, April 07, 2011

Spring Break Day Eleven

Last Day! School tomorrow! Though I am mentally extending the break til Monday, as the girls come home from school before lunch tomorrow.

Work has begun in earnest on the spare room! I have gutted and moved four bookshelves; the books themselves are lying in piles on the floor waiting to be sorted and moved to their new homes.

The china cabinet that was in the genkan has been moved to the spare room. The glass-doored bookshelf has taken its place in the genkan, and will be graced with my prettiest and most precious books, plus all the ones about New Zealand.

One more bookshelf has come into the living room, it will have the lower shelves filled with books for Erica, higher shelves for Amy and Lena, and the top shelves for me and Kanji; for me to put my current and next reading, for Kanji to pile up his little piles of 'stuff' that he does all over the place.

Two more shelves are in the hallway on the way to the bathroom, they'll be filled with various fiction and non-fiction. And I left one shelf in the spare room to take the English teaching materials, Japanese learning materials, etc.

Nowhere NEAR finished! We have lots more work to do!

1 comment:

illahee said...

it sounds like you got so much done!! can't wait to see you guys on sunday!