Friday, May 06, 2005

AFWJ secretarial work

I spent half the day tidying up the living room - removing the piles of books that have accumulated in the last few weeks.

Two boxes from NZ that recently arrived.

An overflow box from the kids' bookshelf.

A pile of hardcovers that I had used to press some flowers for Amy's fairy house.

And I spent the other half of the day getting the paperwork done for my volunteer position as secretary of the Association of Foreign Wives of Japanese. We have a meeting at the end of the month and as well as having to do the minutes then, I also have to prepare the agendas and proposals, and a ballot to go into the journal next month so the membership can vote on an issue. There is quite a bit of work involved, but I should get it all in time - I am a bit lost and completely green but I am getting a lot of help from the president.

No comments: