Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another Earthquake

This on really startled me. I would have fallen off my bed, if I slept in a bed, even though this one was much smaller than the other two. I was sound asleep, so I didn't feel the start of it, but as soon as I knew what it was I sat bolt upright, all ready to save the kids, instantly realizing Kanji wasn't there and making contingency plans because I would now be responsible for covering both of the kids with the mattresses if it got bigger, and at the same time wondering where Kanji was, and deciding it must be morning and he was up because how could it be night when I was so awake then realizing it was not light enough to be morning so where on earth is Kanji and - and it stopped. I sat there a bit dazed and confused for a few minutes, it took me a few minutes to realize it was still dark, and I went back to sleep. I had just given up the idea of getting up when I heard Kanji come up the stairs to check on us - he had been watching TV. So I went back to sleep, very strictly disciplining my mind NOT to get carried away thinking about more earthquakes!

No comments: