Wednesday, May 18, 2005

sick

Again. Lena. Seems very mild so far, runny nose, hacking awful cough, but she's not coughing very often so that's okay. 38 temperature, but she always measures high, so I'm not worried abotu that. The usual genki Lena, acting like she's not even ill at all, just every now and then needs a cuddle or tells me she has a headache.

I am feeling a bit under the weather myself too, so I might see if we can get a nap after lunch. I was debating whether to swim today - with my cloudy head and slightly achey body. I had actually decided to, when I cuddled Lena and felt how hot she was. So now it's another day at home, and a chance to catch up on my Blog!

Amy came home and we watched Drew Barrymore's lovely 'Ever After'. What a spunky Cinderella (and a pretty dishy prince too!). After the movie Amy went around calling me 'Your Majesty' in a posh accent, but the thing she copied from the movie was from a very brief scene of honey-collecting. Amy has been interested in the whole bee deal lately, so when the hives came on, I excitedly said 'Oooh look, that's a hive, that's where they get the honey!' After the movie she 'made' a hive out of a plastic lid and a pile of books, using a bee block from the Duplo and Winne the Pooh's Duplo honey pot. She used my old hat and a table cover (Uncle John's wedding present) to construct her protective hat, and collected some honey for me to eat

No comments: