Sunday, May 22, 2005


First of all check out Lena's nice clean teeth!

We didn't have the famous chicken. After coming in and sitting down, we realized we were supposed to buy tickets for a dish instead of waiting for service. So Kanji went back to get the tickets. We decided on a noodle and chicken set for the girls, and Kanji chose mushroom noodles, because, as he said, he was afraid that we would have 'eyes bigger than stomach' (he's never forgotten that picturesque English idiom). I decided someone had to order the special skewered chicken, which came in a set with soup, a big rice ball, pickles and raw jellyfish. But we were told it would take half an hour, and I just knew the kids would not be able to handle that and my meal would be punctuated by yelling at them to sit down and shut up. So I went back to the ticket machine and this time bought a fried fish set - only to find that too, would take 30 minutes. I was getting very annoyed by now - it seemed stupid to drive half an hour to go to a restaurant and then not get what you went there for. But I would not enjoy it, so I chose 'fox noodles' which is noodles topped with fried tofu skins. As it was, the girls didn't eat much chicken, so I had theirs, which was delicious. Posted by Hello

No comments: