Thursday, June 09, 2005

Poor Ballet Teacher

She had three crying at once today. I think anyone who tries to teach three, four and five year olds to dance deserves a medal.

Amy was one of them. She didn't want to go today. She has decided she doesn't like ballet. This started when she started up again in April after her month off in March when she was sick. I think the dynamics of the class have changed a bit. I tried to get to the bottom of it, and she said she doesn't like the things she is made to do now. Sounds like she doesn't like being told what to do! And it's not as much fun without her friends. They were down to three students, now up to five or six again, as the class has been reconstituted a bit - it now has all the young ones who are not going in the concert this year. We are just watching this year.

I want Amy to hang on until the concert at least, partly to see if that revives her enthusiasm, and partly because the class dynamic might change afterwards. Ahh, it's a hard decision. I don't want to force her, and make her end up hating it, but I don't want her to give up at the first sign of difficulty either. Especially since some of it just seems to be her not liking being told what to do!

Well my eyelids are nearly falling off, or as Amy says, I have air in my eyes. I finally have a chance to catch up on some zzzz's, so I'm having an early night (8pm!). We had take-aways for dinner, and we are going to have a little bit of pudding before bed, if I stay awake that long.

No comments: