Friday, February 04, 2005

Pilates

Oh the sinfulness of it all! I didn't go swimming today, and I could well have, there was nothing really preventing me except a cup of tea. You see, the swimming club only allows you to go at certain times, as the pool is rather small (25m, 5 lanes) and would not be able to fit all the members at once. I have the cheapest course, so I get the most limited times - usually only one hour a day - and today was between 2:40 and 3:40. And I had just made a cup of tea at 2:30 so I ended up not going!

So I tried to make up for it, and put on my new Pilates DVD and had a go. Amy and Lena joined me and we all rolled around the floor for 15 minutes. Lena especially thought it all just some grand game put on for her benefit, and I found myself suddenly catapulted to expert level by the addition of her 13kg to my legs during lifts! Amy giggled so much during the 'roll like a ball' exercise, and started wobbling sideways. I recommend doing exercises with kids! They make it so much fun.

We topped it off with a bit of combination dancing/weight-lifting - the weights being Amy and Lena who insisted on being lifted, tossed and thrown back down over and over and over again....our favorite songs are Outkast's "Hey Ya" and Britney's "Toxic"

Kanji came home with a sore back. There is a big knot on his right shoulder blade, and he will go for shiatsu tomorrow, with a friend of his who runs the convenience store around the corner. We think he got it from sleeping on his side with his arm around Amy, who is sleeping between us at the moment.

Dinner: chicken, green pepper, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower stir fry; corn soup; fried tofu with mushroom sauce (must put that one on the soy sauce site!)

No comments: