Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday Dinner

Although we went out for dinner the night before, I still wanted my home-cooked roast! Of course, I had to make it myself, but that's just fine, I can make the way I like that way. Or rather, would be the way I like if I was better at it, my main fault being an inability to get everything to the table piping hot enough to stay warm.






Of course, champagne was involved, just a half bottle of Moet. In front is deep-fried camembert, still a favorite of mine.

Cheers!

The Dinner: roast lamb with gravy, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin, peas and cabbage.

Dessert: It was supposed to be lava cakes, but I left them in just a little too long, and they became chocolate muffins. Served warm with vanilla ice cream and raspberries, they were delicious anyway.

Nightcap: Baileys on the rocks.

No comments: