Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Takachiho

Today in Again we talked about my upcoming trip to Takachiho. I am getting quite excited - I do so love travelling and being away from home for a little while. Uto knows the area quite well, as there is a famous mountain (Aso) nearby, which he goes climbing often. So he was able to draw me a map, and point me in the right direction. I estimate it will take between 4-5 hours to get there, plus frequent stops. Part of me thinks I must be mad to put the kids through that, but most of me think I would be madder to just sit at home the rest of my life. I have a wonderful chance to meet some other ladies like me, other members of the email group Married in Japan, with free accomodation and cooking facilities so we can eat normal food and not waste too much money at restaurants.

I am planning on packing some sandwiches and pies, and maybe the meringues, and Victoria will be preparing for a barbecue for Tuesday night. And a bottle of wine, but not the Sauvignon Blanc Maria sent me! I would die if I only got one glass of that, so it's waiting until I can drink it with Kanji, just the two of us (with strict instructions that he is to have only one glass). I thought I might also bring some board games. I enjoyed Pictionary with my college students last week - even though I was only watching!

No comments: