Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Offline Again!

It's amazing how much I miss it - and how much I don't.

I spent the time writing my old diaries up onto disc for safe-keeping. See, even offline, I can't stay away from the computer.

We have been offline since Sunday night, and today the NTT man came, as we thought it was a hardware problem - the phone was cutting out too. I suspect it wasn't - I suspect it was me who did it, being over-zealous in my deleting. This computer came with bucketloads of software extras, and I think I deleted our connection info when I was getting rid of an extra Outlook Express version that we don't use. The NTT man did something funny and now I had to press connect to dial-up, which is odd, and wrong, and I hope doesn't end up costing us money somehow. Oh well, we'll see. I'll get someone else to look at it.

And then it came back on, and I had 133 messages waiting for me and - nothing much. Junk, email group posts, blah blah blah. What was I missing so much? The chance to look up those Macy Gracy lyrics me and Amy have been puzzling over for so long "Though I try to hide it, it's clear, I wear goggles when you are not here". To look up Cleopatra and Antony's history now I have finished the book.

No comments: