Sunday, March 13, 2005

What I'm reading this month

I just finished Margaret George's "Memoirs of Cleopatra" and my next bedtime book is "Cold Mountain". I watched the movie first, which is backward for me, but I thought I'd try it this time because I heard it was a good movie, and I just KNOW they will have changed every damn thing, Hollywood always do, so I wanted to enjoy the movie unencumbered by those frustrating "That isn't right!" feelings you get when you have read the book first.

This month's book circle books are "The Myth of the First Three Years" which busts the myth that the first three years are a special critical period in learning and development; and "The Emotional Life of a Toddler". The History of Fruit and Vegetables is up on the kitchen windowsill, and on the table is an Indian women's magazine, Femina, and "On Food and Cook, the science and lore of the Kitchen".

From the library this week I have an Edo period history, and a book on good luck charms. I tried to be more moderate this time and I did not read many of the books last time.

No comments: